How we think
Datisan's core purpose is to Create Better Experiences for our clients, team, partners, investors, and community. Our mission is to accelerate the modernisation of marketing and customer experience. We do this so that consumers get more experiences they love and our clients get more engaged and profitable customers.
We are guided by our values, which are seen in action through our culture.
We view the future with limitless potential, always letting our curiosity lead how we approach problem-solving and solution creation. We are brave enough to own our outcomes, no matter the result. We are a team of diverse individuals that share, learn, and grow together.
The Datisan offering to you;
You own your outcomes, your learning, your time. In turn, we own our part in helping you succeed on your journey.
We provide you with the vision and structure for you to create the space to work flexibly, in a way that benefits you and your team.
We can help you with the tools to grow. Skills, Salary and Self.
Growing your skills through mastery, learning from peers and mentors. Opportunities to dive into innovative technologies. Salary growth is important and we are committed to this growth for our team. Self-development, grow yourself, and what you want for your life.
Knowing your work is meaningful and has an impact. Understanding what you do daily has a greater purpose towards your goals, the business goals and your team and community is powerful.
Our Data Engineers play a critical role within the Datisan team delivering against clients goals and vision on the Cloud engineering space.
- Leveraging GCP infrastructure and Google APIs to automate data ingestion.
- Building warehousing solutions within BigQuery.
- Data analysis and wrangling.
- Creating data virtualization dashboards.
- Researching and implementing the latest Google solutions (before they hit the market).
- General R&D within data and marketing fields to deliver value-creating cloud solutions to customers.
- Experience in big data, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS technologies, web development, DevOps infrastructure, enterprise networking, or virtualization/migration/configuration management.
- 1 - 2 years of experience delivering cloud solutions.
- Experience working with Enterprise Clients, supporting complex technical challenges, identifying knowledge gaps and solutions to up-skill technical knowledge.
- Experience in developing Infrastructure As Code.
- Previous experience managing and working with offshore teams
Technical Skills / Experience
- JS or Python
- SQL and general knowledge about DBs (mostly relational)
- Cloud experience or cloud certification or strong interest in cloud technologies (preferably GCP)
- Apache Beam and Airflow
- Understanding of data structures & data manipulation
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies
- Understanding of & experience with repeatable infrastructure (ie: infrastructure as code: Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc)
- Comfortable with Linux / Bash / Shell
- Understanding of containerisation (eg: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker-compose, etc)
- Understanding of distributed serverless technologies (eg: GAE, Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, Google Data Flow, etc)
- Understanding of data warehousing
- Scalable database storage systems & their use cases
- Understanding of the use cases & benefits / disbenefits of various database technologies:
- Relational DBs (eg: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc)
- NoSQL DBs (eg: MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Document data stores (eg: Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Cloud Data Store, etc)
- Bonus Points: Graph DBs (eg: Neo4J, OrientDB, MongoDB)
- Understanding of data preparation & transformation of data for various use cases including data science & marketing activation
- Experience with SaaS solutions, i.e., productivity/collaboration suites and distributed/scale out architectures on IaaS and PaaS on public cloud.
Nice to have Technical Experience
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of marketing systems & workloads
- Martech stacks
- Data processing for martech
- High-level Understanding of Machine Learning basics:
- Feature Engineering
- Training & Evaluation
- High-level understanding of statistics & data preparation for data analysis
- Understanding of orchestration systems such as Apache Airflow / Cloud Composer
- Bonus point: Google Cloud Certified Data Engineer or Google Cloud Certified Cloud Architect Certification (if you don’t have this, we will help you get it as soon as possible after you start)
- Use cloud-first serverless approaches to solve client’s data ingestion, processing & storage needs
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain data ingestion & warehousing architectures
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Develop dataset processes for data modeling, mining and production
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Demonstrate prototype integrations for Google Cloud's products in customer/partner environments.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure to successfully implement a complete solution, providing “best practice” advice to clients.
- Understand and translate complex business requirements into a functional technical architecture that can be implemented and activated by clients. Manage delivery of solutions by working collaboratively with Google GCP teams, Datisan teams, and delivery partners.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge about core competencies of Google technologies, and other industry technology solutions.
- Document the current state of the client’s technology and outline systems enhancements needed. Serve as technical leader for Datisan’s clients, with regards to Cloud Solutions.
- Develop deep business partnerships and trusted relationships with both partners and decision-makers at the C-suite level.
What WE offer
- A pathway to development of your data engineering skills
- Working on new developments in data science and machine learning.
- Working with enterprise, corporate and government clients
- Start up vibe with the backing of years of industry experience.
- Great work space with other team members from various industries & disciplines
- Flexible work hours - everyone has stuff on outside of work, serve your clients (internal & external), get stuff done and come and go as you please outside of that!
- No office slippery slides, but our clients have them. There is darts & we “live” upstairs from a brewery - just sayin’
- Love and care for data and strong interest in solving problems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively and constructively with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple streams of work in a high-pressure environment.
- Agile mindset with a focus on value driven iterative solutions.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders and team members.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Team player and thrives in a high pace environment.
For more information please contact Brent Lupton or contact Datisan.